Your home is an extension of you and your family and should be just as unique as you are. There are many reasons why you’d want to increase your home’s curb appeal. Perhaps you’ve just purchased a fixer upper and are looking to improve on the home’s exterior. Maybe you’re looking to sell your home and are hoping to make a great first impression on potential buyers. Or maybe you’ve been in your home for a long time and are looking to refresh your home’s exterior with some new touches.
No matter what your reasoning is for wanting to increase your home’s curb appeal, you don’t have to spend a ton of time or money. Here are 8 ways to increase your home’s curb appeal-
- Install a new garage door. Installing a new garage door can instantly increase your home’s value and curb appeal. Modern day garage doors come in all different styles and colors. Its important to remember that installing a new garage door should not turn into a DIY project. In order to make sure its installed correctly to avoid damage to your home as well as for safety reasons, its best to call a professional garage door technician.
- Add some new flowers and shrubbery. An easy way to add more curb appeal to your home is by adding in some new greenery. Flowers, bushes, and even new trees can really brighten up the exterior of your home. This is a great way to add your personal touch to your home since there are so many options to choose from!
- Keep up with basic lawn maintenance. Although this can be an arduous task for those who don’t like to do the lawn, keeping your grass properly cut, free of weeds, and edged can really increase your home’s curb appeal. If you don’t like to do the lawn yourself, hiring someone to do it for you on a regular basis can be a great idea.
- Paint your front door. Painting your front door can add a great pop of color to the front of your home to make it more interesting and appealing. Your front door doesn’t need to be the same color as your home or your shutters and trim work. You can paint your front door any color you’d like. This is a great DIY project that’s quick, easy, and affordable.
- Add lighting. If your home doesn’t have any exterior lighting or has outdated exterior lighting, its time to add some light. Adding or updating your home’s exterior lighting is a great way to put your personal touch on things, but it also provides some great security benefits. Having exterior lighting can make it safer and easier for you to navigate your home’s exterior at night. Motion sensor lighting can also help warn of you potentially unwanted late night guests.
- Freshen up your mailbox. A great way to spruce up the outside of your home and make it look more updated and modern is to swap out the mailbox. If your mailbox is dated, it may be time for a new one. New mailboxes don’t have to be super pricey and come in a variety of styles, textures, and colors. If you aren’t ready to replace the entire mailbox, consider painting your existing one or adding new numbers to it.
- Clean your gutters. While this may not seem like the most exciting way to increase your home’s curb appeal, it makes a world of difference once its done! Cleaning out your gutters includes making sure they’re cleared out and free of debris as well as scrubbing or pressure washing the exterior of the gutters so they look new and clean.
- Power wash. Power washing your home’s exterior is a simple way to instantly increase your home’s curb appeal. Power washing includes the exterior walls of the home, any decks or porches, sidewalks, and your driveway.
If you’re looking to fix up your fixer upper, sell your home, or just refresh a home you’ve been in for a long time, these are eight easy ways to increase your home’s curb appeal! If you’d like to consult with a professional about installing a new garage door, call Covenant Garage Doors today to set up your consultation!