Choosing A Garage Door Professional
Choosing a garage door professional can be overwhelming. Whether you need a brand new garage door installed, garage door repair, garage door maintenance, or garage door opener installation or repairs, the process of choosing the right company for you can be daunting. There are so many garage door companies to choose from on Google and so many different directories out there claiming to provide you with the best services possible. There are also advertisements on tv and the radio boasting their skills. Chances are, if you need a garage door professional, you’re already under enough stress! Your garage door provides added security for your home and is a major convenience factor for you. A garage door is the largest door in your home and also the most frequently used. Choosing a garage door professional isn’t something that should be taken lightly.
Here are some great tips for choosing a garage door professional that’s right for you and your home!
- Ask for referrals. Referrals from trusted family and friends are a great way to choose a garage door professional. Its likely that your family and friends already have experience with the company they are recommending, so you can get a good idea of what to expect. Getting a referral from someone you trust can be an invaluable way to choose a garage door professional.
- Read reviews. The internet has made it easy for you to check out hundreds of reviews on garage door companies local to you. Check out Yelp, Google, and Facebook! Customer reviews are a great way to find out if a company is reputable, reliable, and communicative.
- Check out their website. A good website can give you an idea of the company’s history, their services, and what to expect from them. Check out how long they’ve been in business, and what kind of certifications and training they have. Because garage doors are such large pieces of moving equipment, its important to hire a company with lots of training and experience. Local weather patterns can also affect garage doors differently. Finding a company with lots of experience in your area is key. You can also find out whether its a small family owned business or a large chain business and choose what’s best for you.
- Ask questions. Once you’ve narrowed it down to a few companies, call them up and don’t be afraid to ask questions. Find out the answers to things that are important to you to make sure they’re a good fit for you and your home’s garage door needs.
- Ask for referrals. Its also okay to ask them for referrals! Any good, reputable garage door company should be comfortable giving you referrals to some of their satisfied customers.
- Expect a home evaluation. Once you’ve called a garage door company to come out to your home, expect them to spend a significant amount of time looking at your current garage door to evaluate your specific needs. No two homes and garage doors are the same, and your needs won’t be exactly like anyone else’s. The company you choose should spend a significant amount of time personalizing a solution just for you.
- Get itemized quotes. Its also okay to get several quotes for the work you need done. Make sure to have the quotes itemized and written out so you can easily compare them. The cheapest solution may not always be the best one. Look for price, efficiency, and any parts warranties included.
Choosing the right garage door company can be tricky, and its a really important decision. Your garage door is a key component to your security, comfort, and convenience at home. Having a garage door installed incorrectly can be disastrous, and your needs should be met correctly the first time. At Covenant Garage Doors, we’ve been in business for over twenty years and our aim is to personalize a solution for you and get your needs met correctly the first time. With our extensive experience, we’ve got all your needs covered. From garage door repair and garage door replacement to automatic opener repair and replacement, we can do it all. For your consultation and personalized solution, call Covenant Garage Doors today.