Summer Home Maintenance Checklist
The sun and heat are here and summer is just around the corner! While most of us would rather be sitting poolside and relaxing, its important to keep up with home maintenance tasks. Keeping up with your home maintenance all year long is a great way to make sure that you and your home make it year after year without needing costly repairs or replacements.
Being a homeowner means added responsibilities, but we’ve made keeping up with your summer home maintenance easy. Just follow the steps below!
1. Check on all your lawn equipment. Make sure all your equipment is in good repair and that its still working. Keeping up with your lawn maintenance regularly can prevent your lawn equipment from getting damaged by extra long grass, weeds, or out of control bushes.
2. Keep your outdoor hoses stored properly. Investing in a hose reel or storage container meant for hoses can save your hundreds of dollars in damaged hoses each year.
3. If you used your fireplace during the fall and winter months, have your chimney professionally cleaned and inspected. Doing this during the off season while chimney sweep services are in low demand can save you money.
4. Cut down any branches that are hanging over your roof or gutters or that are touching your garage door. These branches can break during spring and summer thunderstorms and can cause damage to your home.
5. Check the caulking and weather stripping around all doors and windows. This is an inexpensive fix that you can do yourself, even if you’re not particularly handy around the home! Making sure all these areas are properly weather proofed can save you money on your summer utility bills.
6. Have your HVAC unit inspected. Having your HVAC unit inspected and professionally maintained can lengthen the lifespan of your unit. It will also help your unit to run more efficiently, cutting back on your summer utility bills.
7. Check on your garage door. If you notice that your garage door is extra noisy or has trouble going up or down, call a garage door service professional to come check out your garage door.
Doing a little home maintenance this summer can do wonders for your home. For all your garage door needs this summer, call Covenant Garage doors.